AndroidBoyz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance.....

2 posters

Go down

Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance..... Empty Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance.....

Post by Shahin Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:41 pm

I want to take the risk and become super-cool by rooting my Hero, so here's some conditions though.

1. I want to remain on the original stock HTC 1.5 ROM, since it's the only 100% stable ROM out there, with no bugs.

2. The main reason I want to do it, is the Sense UI, I get bored, and I hate the bottom round taskbar, so ugly, I want the square blocked one, oh! and I want the new peoples widget (the larger picture sized one).

3. I want to change my Alarm tones, cos' these HTC tones make me feel as if I'm waking up to a Nokia 3210.

4. I think that's about it.

So what steps do I have to take, and what's the best way to backup, since stupid HTC don't have the awesome backup features my 5800 had with the Nokia software.

Thank You
Shahin Very Happy
Shahin
Shahin
N00b
N00b

Praise : 1

Back to top Go down

Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance..... Empty Re: Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance.....

Post by Tech0stickyasglue Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 am

heya,
well
how old is your hero, because if you have a newer one you may have the new kernel making everything harder,

you can change the sense UI without rooting,
Tech0stickyasglue
Tech0stickyasglue
Mod
Mod

Praise : 0

Back to top Go down

Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance..... Empty Re: Techy, where art thou? I need thy guidance.....

Post by Shahin Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:22 pm

It's old enough, I spoke to you about it, some time ago on YouTube and you told me to watch your video.

Regarding the themes, I don't want third party themes i.e. Openhome etc. I want the HTC sense, modified like the ones on Xda forum, theme section.

Thank you for the super fast reply.
Shahin. afro
Shahin
Shahin
N00b
N00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tech0stickyasglue Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:06 pm

k , well root it and u can flash modified sense themes,
for back up amon ra's recovery has nandroid and u can have (technically) infinite backups you can flash back when ever
Tech0stickyasglue
Tech0stickyasglue
Mod
Mod

Praise : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Shahin Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Sorry, Noob question, but when you root it, doesn't it replace your stock ROM?

As for backing up, I meant what I have currently on my phone, contacts, messages, photos, apps etc....what's the best way to back them up?
Shahin
Shahin
N00b
N00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum